Saturday, September 17, 2011

Went to 36 week appointment. Uterus measuring 2-3 cm under...33-34 cm therefore. They want to do an ultrasound right away...but schedule me 6 days out. I canceled that appointment because if it was an emergency they would have got me in right away. I also talked to the midwife about waiting another week to see. She was pretty insistent that if it's under still they will want to do the ultrasound 1. because they can't do non-stress tests unless an ultrasound warrants for insurance purposes...of which neither would make a baby grow but would let them watch the baby. 2. They can tell fluid levels, blood flow levels and actual size of baby through an ultrasound. 3. They may want to get baby out sooner if not growing...and talked a lot about babies dying if they stop growing. Seriously...I hate medical intervention. I told her babies die even if they try to intervene... and I told her the only reason I'm going to the doctor is because I don't need a call to social services when I go the hospital to give birth but I'm perfectly fine and can have a healthy pregnancy without intervention...I told her that I'm not going to do tests on the baby unless it's an emergency....which I do not feel it is...since when she said 2cm under and ultrasound first until I questioned her about professionals not usually recommending ultrasound until 3cm under...then she changed her story and said I was 3 cm under. Don't lie to me.

Anyways...if he's still under I'll probably end up doing an ultrasound but he probably will be fine. I feel bigger and he's moving a lot and had a good heart beat 129bpm at the last appointment.

My friend Jeff/Weez came to visit with his girlfriend Sky. They are traveling through in their house van. Adrian immedietely attached to them and begged them to stay longer and asked if he could go with them. They plan to come back in January or sometime in winter. Weez will finish Barry's tattoo!!!! Adrian would like to get a dinosaur tattoo on his forearm...we'll see. We stayed up till the wee hours of the morning eating thai food-chicken curry and Tom Ka Gai with (fresh picked) mushrooms from college ave in town and Jasmine rice. Yum.

Food is such a big part of friendship. Eating and especially cooking with is such a bonding experience. In this friendship, food is of essence...home cooked, hand picked, scavenged food is a part of our connection. Sharing similar interests: music-making music, making instruments, playing together and teaching one another is integral and scattered throughout conversation, alternative ideals to mainstream societal conformism, and honest opinions makes up the rest of it.

After a surprise visit, I always feel renewed and wish that my friends lived a little closer or could stay a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment