Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bad Day

Some days just suck! Today is one of them. First Barry made me take back my puppy. Our friends dogs had puppies and the little girl puppy was so cute we couldn't resist trying her out overnight and thinking about keeping her as a playmate for Harley....but I really ended up liking her. Barry called and said that the part of her that is pitbull might deter parents if I opened a home daycare. He's right. I'm so sad. And it's sad that pitbulls have such a negative stereotype. (Not that I would let my dogs around children if I had a daycare anyway...unless it was ok with the parents and I was present and watching them interact. Dogs are unpredictable.) There are more dog bites by german shepards and golden retrievers than pitbulls. She was also boxer/black lab. Very cute. I cried when I had to take her back.
I need a job...I have so many jobs but I'm not working enough. You'd think that with four jobs I could at least pull off an easy 40 hr week. But no...
The second ultrasound that we had...I made very clear to my doc that I couldn't afford it unless they accepted my insurance. Of course they DON'T! and I find out afterwards....after talking to five different people in three different offices. No one told me anything beforehand..YES I called and asked. HELLO! No one has a clue what's going on. Just because I'm poor doesn't mean I'm stupid and just because I'm not a doctor doesn't mean you know more about me than I know about myself. BACK OFF! Don't worry I left a message for my doctor and I talked to the nurse. (Like they say...it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is permission...how this is legal I don't know.)
And my day could only get worse when.....the nurse calls me to inform me that I've failed my glucose tolerance test ( supposed to be 130 but I got 135) and now I have to starve myself...drive myself dizzy and delirious (and starved) to the doctor's office...have my blood drawn...drink lots of soda (real healthy)...wait an hour.....and get my blood drawn...wait an hour...get my blood drawn...wait another hour...get blood drawn again if I have any left....and then drive home malnourished and bloodless. I'll be surprised if I don't faint while waiting for my appointment.
Don't call me...I'm not answering my phone...I can't take any more bad news for this day.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry, tomorrow will be better, I know! Take care.

    ReplyDelete