Friday, January 18, 2008

Looks like the house deal is going to end working out after all!!! And still close to what we can afford. It is well worth it...and eventually we may be able to buy it! Did I mention that the backyard opens to a greenbelt? It will be available at the end of May/beginning of June. I wonder how moving with a 1-month old will go?

I made meatballs last night but sure didn't stay in ball shape...I have no idea what I did wrong...maybe too much tomato paste. Tasty nonetheless.

Julie and I saw the PS, I Love You matinee yesterday. Very sad but also funny and cute.

Still looking for more work to fill up my schedule...Working about 20 hours a week right now doing odds and ends as usual: babysitting for regular families, Subbing in the district, and Subbing at the daycare. I like the variety however I wish it consumed 20 hours more a week. Maybe when we move, I'll be able to open up an in-home childcare center! Something I've always imagined doing.

The weather has been bitter cold these days and doesn't look like it will let up anytime soon. It's snowing a little right now.

The ultrasound is scheduled for Tuesday at 2:00p. I'm getting more nervous as the time gets closer. I still think everything will turn out just fine though. He was soooo active all night last night. I think he actually woke me up the other night but I was still half asleep and dreaming that he was blowing bubbles: I could see little bubbles against my skin in snowflake patterns. This week he is a foot long and a little over a pound. He and I play a game called poke: he pokes me then I poke him back and then he responds by moving to another spot and poking. Sometimes he rubs, or just touches, or presses, sometimes he flips, or tries to trick me by kicking one side and then pushing on the opposite, sometimes it feels like he has five legs kicking me all at once. Sometimes he responds/wakes up when I call him and lay really still. I think he knows when I hold my stomach because he is more active. Barry's hands are heavier and he kicks less when Barry tries to feel him...he's a stinker already.

HAHA: Barry woke up last night beat-boxing and rapping in his sleep. Not so funny when I was awake every hour and having trouble falling back to sleep though.

Question for grandparent figures of Baby Biss: What do you want to be called? ie. Grandpa/ma, Papa, Mama, Nana, Nanny, Noni,...there are so many choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment