Tuesday, October 25, 2011

One Month Old (October 23)

BATHTIME

LEGOS WITH DADDY

 ITS TALLER THAN ME-ITS THIS TALL

 SLEEPY-HEADS

 SWINGING

Kaili is one month old. I am excited that he feels heavier and looks a little chubbier. He's still tiny though. The size of a newborn....7 lbs 7.4 oz as of our weight check today. Adrian was 7lbs 4 oz at birth. He doesn't sleep long without being held, rocked in his swing, vibrated in his bouncy seat, or moving in the car. He can tell he's not being held or near someone and even slept fine when placed next to his sleeping brother. But if I place him in his bassinet or crib, he's awake within 5-10 minutes. He uses his pacifier for short periods of time for self soothing. He is making bigger noises-coos, cries, screams, and I swear I heard him laughing in his sleep earlier. I think he has my ears, his eyes are still very dark. His hair seems a little lighter than Adrian's, maybe he has Barry's hair color. His baby acne is going away, but now cradle cap is showing up. He has periods of waking time where he stares at his surroundings in the mornings and evenings. I'm pumping still and stocking up for going back to work. I am still giving him one bottle a day at least for his vitamin drops since he doesn't like the taste alone.

I'm sad that 1/3 of my leave is over already though. I need to figure out what the childcare situation will be when I go back to work. I need to figure out what the benefits are if I stay to my 5 year mark since that's only a year and a half away. I need to get a new car. I need to consolidate credit card debt. I need to figure out buying this house. I need to see about getting my teacher licensure from the state for my certificate from CSU. I am feeling overwhelmed when I think about all of this.

Regarding childcare: I want Adrian and Kaili together most of the time. I want Adrian to be able to go somewhere where I can get assistance with transportation to and from preschool. I would love someone to come to my home since that is the kids' environment and I have more control over it but of course that could get really expensive.

MORE SLEEPY-HEADS

No comments:

Post a Comment