Wednesday, July 20, 2011

28 Weeks: 12 Weeks Left to Go

Love feeling my baby moving...I'm pretty sure he's got 10 elbows. He's so active and also interactive! He's been pushing his hand against my belly button, running his feet in place on my side and pushing out with his elbows maybe trying to stretch out and make more room. He responds when you tap or push back. He responds when I'm still, when I type, or when I read to Adrian. He is visibly active and throughout the day gets excited and wiggles, flips, and just plays. Right now he's shifting around. I am supposed to be doing 'kick counts' which is where you keep track for up to 10 kicks/movements of hte baby within one hour. This child by far excedes that. Usually I can get 10 in less than five minutes. Funny thing, and same as with Adrian, he is still when Barry rests his hands on him...he must feel a difference. I joke that Barry calms him and puts them to sleep. He really does...Adrian only falls asleep for Barry on the ride home, watching movies, and only falls asleep for me if he's tucked into bed or seriously worn out on a car ride. When Adrian was in my belly, he did the same thing.
I'm up to 146-147 lbs. I'm below the expected gain at this point but gaining. Who knows...I sure look giant with this belly.
We are signed up for the FCEA childbirth class-a refresher course since we've taken it before with Becky Wade. Super helpful for doing Adrian's birth natural and for Barry to know how to help me. It will be good to do it again for a reminder. I'll be planning on doing this birth all natural as well.

Adrian is 3 Years, 3 Months and 3 Weeks!!! He has started singing songs, making up stories and pretending to read books. We read each night and he usually wants to read all of his books...I have a huge children's book collection! We never get tired of reading. I set up his art corner and organized his supplies! He is a little helper and has 'chores'. He vacuums with our new little bissell/dirt devil, feeds his fish, cleans the marker off the wall when he colors on the wall, give the dogs and cats food, fills their water, and helps cook! He loves to stir, flip pancakes, hold the eggs, grind the coffee, use his own knife to cut soft things, push buttons on electronics and help wash dishes.

Who needs shoes in the summertime?

No comments:

Post a Comment