Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feb 2010 is almost over...is it really 2010 yet?

Wow...time seriously flies. My baby is a toddler and almost 2! I've been at my job for almost 2 years now. I've been out of school for over 2 years. We've been married for 2.5 years and together for 9.5. WOW! Grandparents are in nearing 50's and some are over. How does this happen?

So today an 8.8 earthquake hit Chile. Hawaii was listening to 5 hrs of warning sirens for the expected tsunami. Thankfully no big waves hit the islands from what I know. I tried to get through to Maui forever and the lines were busy but Julie got through and all is well :)

Barry and I had a wonderful day spending time with Adrian and each other. We went to Centerra and to the LVLD Outlet Malls while Adrian napped in the car, then we took him to 'Jumpin' a jumping castle place for kids. He loved it!! Barry has been looking forward to taking him there for some time now. Adrian got so excited that he let out his high pitched squeals of joy while running from slide to toddler area to castle! It was hard to 'wait' in line and he continuously tried to cut the line. Also holding up the line is a good attention getting trick-some of those big kids don't have time and 'helped' him up by carrying him up the bouncy steps. After that we debated about where to eat and chose PF Changs for some yummy Chinese soup, dumplings, chicken and beef, and even mini desserts. We shared a big old booth so Adrian had some running room between us and kept himself occupied, only trying to get away 3 times.

Adrian got to hang out with Monica and Brandon while Barry and I went to see Avatar 3D! I love the movies :) We ate popcorn and soda and my legs only fell asleep once in the entire 3 hours. Avatar story was pretty good. Barry really enjoyed it!

Adrian Update:
What a biter! Adrian bites for attention and when he gets excited and sometimes instead of kissing.
Adrian is loving his 'daddy' time. He calls me 'mom' and he's not even two yet :( He calls to us sometimes together 'mom' and 'bar'! Cracks me up but I try not to encourage it.
He's learned to say 'bless you' and uses it when people sneeze. He said it on Monday to Julie and Grandma D, and on Tuesday to Grandma and Grandpa Tim! They call him 'genius!' He's so full of manners 'scuse me' and 'thank you' and 'please' (especially when he wants some more dessert or to go outside). He is talking more each day and loving to read, even to himself. He's also become a tv head which makes me upset. I try to minimize the tv and mute/pause the commercials. He says "I want..."
Adrian still is 25 lbs. Skinny string bean but he is eating a lot lately and looks taller! He loves fruit and chocolate! Sure sounds like the same diet I had when I was pregnant with him.
Mommy and Adrian got haircuts on Thursday! He looks like a big boy with short hair.
Anyways...tomorrow I will be packing for my long 3 days away from my family and baby :( Only 7 weeks...I'll have to plan his birthday in the interim. Save the date: May 2nd Party probably at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment