Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fun with Decorating

Did I brag about my decorating yet?
Well let me tell you! I bought 14 floating picture frames, on clearance. The photo floats in the center of two pieces of glass and then the frame borders the glass. I love them and often see them in therapists offices and other decorated places. Who decorates for them anyway? They usually have such nice art.
Then I printed out an 8x10 and 4 5x7 photos for the mantle. I call it the Maui Water Series. There's a black photo of ocean and whale swimming at viewer, a blue 50' wave with surfer gliding to the left, a closeup colorful smooth waterfall sliding down rock, a grey wave splashing up on big rock on beach, an da green tinted waterfall falling into a pool. They sit tilted on my mantle accompanied by a plant, a wicker basket, a lamp, 2 candles and hanging potted plants from ceiling.
I purchased, on sale of course, some wooden square carved wood flower decorations for the wall, as well as two rectangular wood etchings of flowers. The rectangular decorations will sit with tow rectangular floating frames that hold 2 4x6 photos each. Still to be decided upon. The carved wooden flowers sit diagonal to each other at base of stairs.
Then I have 5 more 8x10 frames that hold 5x7 photos for the other wall. Maybe a Tree Series....

No comments:

Post a Comment