Sunday, January 10, 2010

88 Weeks Old

My son is so old! He's a little boy now...a toddler. I don't consider him a baby anymore. It's hard to make that transition as a mom to a little momma's boy but it's happened and I'm happy for both of us.
Gymnastics was great. He's in the Moonbeamers class. He was so excited when we first got there that he took off across the room and joined a big kid's class. Barry and I both took him to his first day of class. He was new to the activities so with our guidance and telling him to 'wait' his turn, he did great. After warm up there was an obstacle course that teaches balance, depth perception, taking turns and waiting, using hands to protect face, etc. There was a balance beam exercise, a rings exercise, trampoline time, sensory ball activity, and a foam pit they had to slide into on their back straight down to the teacher. Then there was a cool down and he got stamps on his hands, feet and belly. For being new to the activities he sure was excited to try everything out. He's so observant also, he took time to just sit and watch what the other children were doing. I knew many of the participants in the classes from the daycare that I taught at so that was exciting.
I decided not to go to Denver last night b/c I was feeling really worn out and like I'm getting a cold. Adrian and I fell asleep at 10pm and Barry spent the night hanging out with Aunt Laurie. I'm trying to get Adrian to take an early nap so we can go to the kid's expo thing at noon but he's still awake and moaning about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment