Thursday, September 17, 2009

Video in this post...

I have not posted a video in quite some time. It takes longer than typing a note or uploading pics. Sorry...some of you may not recognize the little man he's so active these days.

Adrian's really trying to talk more. Mimicked 'fish' and 'ooohoooh' for monkeys when we were reviewing his (yes homework) animal flash cards...something I picked up at a garage sale for 50 cents. They are beautiful photographs of about 25 different animals and insects. He stares and is interested as we go through them daily. He really wanted to eat his rasberries off the page of his book today as well and kept signing 'please' more' as if that would work for me to pluck them directly from his picture book. I only wish I could, or that it wasn't dark so we could go to our backyard greenbelt and pick some for him like we did yesterday. He says 'pzzz' which I think is 'please' when he wants something. He says 'that' and points when he wants something. He turns your head for you to take notice of things he's interested in. He says 'hi' 'bye' and 'no' and maybe 'yes.' He holds his hand up to you when he wants to cross the street-good to learn those rules early on. He gets his way a lot...is that spoiled or called choosing your battles....I like to think the more I give now, the easier it will be to take negotiate later on. Also he's learning now, can't happen if he can't explore.

Giving kisses galore! Which we adore!

Uncle Steven, friend from out east, is visiting again. He's a landscaper and has tackled our yard, garden, bushes and trees. Everything is ship-shape or in the process of... I have had no time this summer with work and chasing a toddler down the street, to keep up with the yard. I won't let anyone pick the accidental tomato from the compost pile though. I picked about 10 green beans that I planted from the one plant that did not get pummeled by the hail we had early summer also but then the creeping morning glories ate the green bean plant right up. The weeds were towering. Thanks to Steven though it looks once again like a garden area!!!

Uncle Greg is back from hiking the Continental Divide Trail. He was taking a break for his knee to heal and then completed it and is back in FC. He was actually just in my kitchen and Adrian got so excited to see him and kept going up to him and leaning on him. So smart and big that he recognizes people even if they leave for short periods of time.

It's a frequent occurance that I have really detailed dreams/nightmares of mountain lions. Last night was one of those nights and Adrian was with me also. The lions usually just stalk me and I'm usually the most frightened of anyone around, where other's downplay the fear I have of these huge animals that want to eat me. Each dream is different....setting. details. even different lions. They find me no matter where I go. It's quite frightening and extremely worrisome that they are so frequent...about once every 2-3 months. So needless to say, I don't think I want to go camping tomorrow or Sat night with Barry and his friends/family. I'm a little terrified b/c usually my dreams occur when I'm camping. I think it's a sign.

Cavyn's 1st Birthday is on Saturday! We went shopping last night but Adrian left my debit card in the ToysRUs Parkinglot. Life Skills Lesson Duh: Don't trust your babies to keep track of important things like I do.
TGIF Tomorrow!!!!

Adrian Dancing-we often have dance parties in the kitchen. He knows how to play/pause his music if I leave the boombox on.

No comments:

Post a Comment