Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sick Baby

My baby is sick. 1st time since his congested cold. He started with a low grade fever friday morning at 6am. I gave him some tylenol and he nursed then he slept till 9:30. He took a ride with me to pick up a kiddo, then dropped him off at Amber's. He was fussy off and on and got more tylenol at 11 and 3. I picked him up and nursed him, Barry took over while I went to work. He took cat naps on daddy. I came home and he got more tylenol at 8. He took at bath and finally fell asleep at 9:30-ish. He woke at 2 with a high fever of 103. I called the nurse line and she said we've done everything right, just make sure he's getting fluids, has wet diapers, take off his clothes and let him sleep in a diaper, only give tylenol once fever gets to 102, it's not necessary before that. He's not eating either, except for an occasional cheerio or puff. His body is fighting off a virus and doing what it's supposed to. He has a stuffy, runny nose, had a bit of a cough last few days, and some seriously poopy diapers. He had 8 on monday. Anyways, I'm taking a break to eat breakfast and drink some coffee while Barry snuggles with him. I hope this goes away soon. I should probably waited on the tylenol in the first place so that his body could have fought this off faster, but it was 6 in the morning and he was in pain. I don't know what else to do, he's so uncomfortable no matter what we do. It's so hard to see him in pain. Of course, Barry thinks he's getting sick also.

No comments:

Post a Comment