Thursday, October 9, 2008

Officially Full Time Working Mom

All is well if not a little overwhelming right now. I'm officially full time today although I've been working full time since last thursday. It went by quickly actually. I still feel like I'm running in circles since I don't know my schedule yet and have soooo many new cases, people, and routes that I have to learn.

Adrian is doing pretty good with solids...doesn't like sweet potatoes, loves frozen avocados in his mesh self feeder, frozen bananas in his feeder, and does ok eating cereal with bananas mixed in. I think the texture of eating cereal and sweet potatoes will take some time getting used to. Sometimes he gags on it. Tonight we gave him a chicken bone to gnaw on. It had cooked all day for chicken soup and he grabbed it and drooled all over one end, then held both sides and sucked on the middle, then twisted it to the other end making sure he got all the flavor out.










<---- The Boy Likes Meat







Adrian rolled over today for our friends who watched him and then for Barry. He was so giggly today when I came home and went to say hello. I love when he's so happy to see me he laughs! That makes me feel loved and happy to be home.


I am hiring a girl to come to my house. Her name is April. Barry still needs to meet her and plans to this Saturday. I want his opinion about her before we definitely hire her despite him saying he has no idea about these things. She will charge $30/day which is a great deal. I looked into her background and she has her driving record for me, although she probably won't have to drive with Adrian. I have a good feeling about her and love how honest she is. She's had a good amount of experience and I had a good feeling about her from the first message I heard. It's amazing that the people I had a feeling wouldn't work out from their first phone message alone didn't work out due to weird issues like messy homes, open cases with the dept! My biggest advice to anyone in any situation, especially regarding your children or your own safety, is to follow your instincts/feelings/first impression.

My brother and friends have been awesome to watch Adrian for us while I have not had childcare set up. It takes a village and I'm glad I have so many caring people in my 'village'.

No comments:

Post a Comment