Monday, October 20, 2008

Babysitter Dilemma and Video


Our baby can roll! Only one way of course....

So on Friday my babysitter called me crying and told me "I tried everything..." My heart sank so fast. ....What had really happened was that she basically neglected the baby and he cried all morning b/c she wasn't willing to hold him b/c she 'already tried that' or maybe just doesn't know how to care for a baby. Who knows. Her feelings got hurt when my friend went up to rescue Adrian. Anyways we're done with her. She just left Adrian with my friends and didn't tell them she was leaving. She didn't follow my directions about feeding him. She stayed upstairs all day. She also disclosed to me that she was pregnant and emotional which gets in the way of professionalism obviously. She TOLD me that since my friends are here I should use my free babysitting until they leave but she won't watch Adrian until they're gone...yeah right...so she can neglect him again and who's she to TELL me anything. I may make mistakes about people but I'm not stupid.

I interviewed someone else today and she's my age, has 3 kids (3, 1.5, and 5 months). She seems very appropriate and child-friendly also a good price and nearby. She's a military wife and has a support network in Ft. Collins. I have a few more people to meet but hope to hire someone by next week.

I think our friends are leaving this weekend, but they've offered to watch Adrian for a small fee on Thur/Fri. They are wonderful with him. They play music to him and tell him about sex, drugs, music, literature, and traveling. Someone's got to eventually I guess!

1 comment:

  1. Dude! That is horrible!!!! I hope I'll have good luck with my nanny! Do you want to consider a nanny-share with me? I want a nanny, because I want someone with lots of experience, capable, etc...
    Also, I might be able to watch Adrian until I go back to work in January?...
    Anyway, you do what's best for you!
    I would have been so pissed!!!

    ReplyDelete