Wednesday, May 21, 2008

20 Days Old

My best friend from MD came to visit with her son!!! She hung out with us for a couple days.I'm glad she got to see Adrian while he is an infant. We went to Estes to see her family. I got my hair cut at my cousin's shop while we were up there too!


Barry's sister came out to visit! That was fun...She took us shopping and bought some cute baby clothes...talk about the best dressed baby of the world! We took her to Estes! Finally got to see my Aunt and cousin's new restaurant: the Riverside Cafe! And we went to a Rockies' game last night...baby's first baseball game! He slept right through it all except to wake up and eat every hour. Aunt Veronica had to leave today though.


Adrian is doing great...he now fits into more of his 0-3 month clothes which means he must be growing. Last Thursday he was up to 8 lbs 2.5 oz. I'm sure he's bigger now. He basically has his schedule that he sticks to pretty consistently: I get to bed between 10 and 11 and he wakes up to eat around 1:30 and again around 4:30 and then in the morning at 6:30, 8:30, and 10:30. I shower while he sits in his bouncy chair and listens to a Raffi CD or other kid music and looks around (that's what infants do) . Then I eat and he eats again and then by 12 or 1 he goes back to sleep for the rest of the day unless he's hungry which he wakes up for. Sometimes in the evening he's up for an hour or so besides eating just to hang out. He's still so mellow. Right now we all have stuffy noses probably from allergies. It's so sad when I have to use the nose aspirator to pull his boogers out...he cries...but he can breath afterwards at least. He poops ON me daily...I just don't think he ever stops so I guess there's no good time to change him when I'd be safe. He's always moving, especially his hands. He barely ever cries and when he does it's usually just a baby dinosaur wail (like the raptor that hatches in Jurassic Park). He's so alert too! He doesn't like his binky and rarely takes it...nobody's tricking him with a fake! He smiles so much, right after he's eaten and getting ready to nod off! It's the cutest thing ever...sometimes it looks like he's laughing but no sound comes out. Same with crying. He coos once in awhile and he makes little squeaks and sighs when he sleeps. He's so precious!

I started moving things today with Bobby and his friend's assistance and truck!!! They are helping me with moving all week since Barry is working. Then Barry will get his friends and brother to help with the big stuff on this weekend and the next! HORRAY!!! We're gonna move!

No comments:

Post a Comment