Thursday, April 3, 2008

Child Abuse Awareness Month

Adrian got to hear lots of new voices today.....because...
I started my new job today: Life Skills Case Aide. I got to shadow other case aides during visitation between parents and children, set up my computer, email, phone line, check out my desk, get fingerprinted and set up all my paperwork at HR, and meet the rest of my team. I feel like a grown-up with my own desk and phone line! Next week I have a training in Denver, for which I'll spend the night, all hotel and food expenses paid. I feel a little overwhelmed today with all the information but overall the job looks to be exciting and the people I work with are awesome! Lots of incentives for working with the county: paid gas milage, food at all the trainings, county vehicles to use instead of your own car, trainings of all sorts: I'm a dork: I love taking classes and going to trainings.
Anyways, long day...and another tomorrow...Then I babysit Maddie on Saturday and Monica and Daniel on Sunday! Sunday evening we are celebrating Judah's B-day and Christie, Ty, Melissa, and Tom's return from Italy in Longmont! I think I'll go celebrate my bed right now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment