Monday, March 31, 2008

My Birth Plan: 1st Draft

Welcome to the Birth of Adrian Leili Biss!
Parents:
Barry R. Biss and Neshamah D. Leili-Biss
Support Team: Barry Biss and Deborah Leili (please talk with them about anything that needs to be discussed with me-they will communicate between us in between contractions)
Doctor: Dr. Diana Hornung, Salud Clinic

Mother’s Statement: I want a natural, non-intrusive birth experience where my body will be doing the work without any ‘medical’ intervention. I trust my body and my baby’s body and my support team. I welcome your experiences and expertise in this birth. I understand that a birth cannot be ‘planned’ but I want everything and anything that can be done to make this experience as natural and void of intervention as possible. Thank You!

Natural Experience To Me:
No Intervention Means:
No Pitocin!
No Medications!
No Time Limits!
Avoid C-Section by any and all means!
No Rupture of Membranes!
No IV!
No Constant Monitoring! Baby or Self!

Natural Assistance Means:
TRUST ME!
Only periodic Monitoring of Progress…(ask me 1st if I want to know)
Drink (/Eat) as needed! Hydrate Self!
Movement and Position Changes!! Ball! Use Tub/Shower! (Every 30 minutes)
Distractions: Music! Control Temperature and Atmosphere! Massage!
Informed Consent of anything that is done!
Support Team: Barry knows how to help me! Deborah will support him!

Labor
-Visitors (ask me 1st)
-Wear my own choice of clothes
Delivery
-Barry and Deborah Only-No Visitors
-Not back lying
Baby
-Breastfeeding and Rooming In
-All/Any support Welcome
-Visitors Welcome (ask me 1st)

1 comment:

  1. I do not know if I will be able to come out but I am looking into it. Going on vacation took quite a toll on our savings and we still have court to pay for yet, as well as a $4000 bill with our lawyer that we have not started paying on!

    Anywaz...long story short, if I am able to come out, how do you think that would work? I am thinking about staying with my mom maybe, depending on how long I come out for, and then driving down when your son is born. I do not want to impede at the hospital, I hated having people trying to visit me when I was in labor. I felt like shit, it was obvious, yet everyone felt the need to ask me how I was doing?!?!
    Anywaz...Let me know your thought!

    LYLAS

    ReplyDelete