Monday, March 31, 2008

38 Days Left...

The night before last I was half awake and unable to fall asleep b/c Adrian was moving so much when all of a sudden I bolted up in my bed. Adrian was RUNNING, his feet were pounding against the left side of my stomach! I've never felt that before and I was just a little surprised and scared wide awake. I woke Barry and of course after running a marathon, he was taking a break by the time Barry's hand made it to my stomach.
He has been SOOO active lately...they say that with your first child, they should go head down in preparation for birth anywhere between 32 and 36 weeks. Sometimes they wait until labor but usually if it's a second or third birth. I've felt him hang out upside down though, and I wouldn't mind if he waited, even though we might stress about that. I guess right now, he's upside down...terribly uncomfortable and heavy when I stand but better when I sit.
Last night we tried to find the heart beat but all we could hear was his hiccups pounding the microphone. It was pretty funny! Our friends have a dopplar, the kind they use at the doctors. That would probably work better.

I bought a book called 'Belly Button Book' by Sandra Boynton when I was out baby shower shopping! Hilarious! I make Barry read it to us! I love Boynton's books.

Yesterday we went to Estes Park for a friend's baby shower! It was at the Redstone Restaurant (which used to be the P.O. Cafe where I worked when I was a young teen). Very cool little place now! Our friend is from Ireland and we met her working at the YMCA in 2001. She married a guy and they live in CO but plan on moving to WY-closer to us at least, and they're two weeks behind us! They're also having a little boy: Conor! Here is a picture of our babies meeting each other.


Barry's mummy -Grandma Biss-made us some more things for Adrian that I brought back from NJ: 2 blankets and a little baseball outfit: the ribbon has baseballs, and the buttons on the sweater are baseballs! CUTE!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of us :-) I can't wait for our little bundles of joy to meet each other on the 'outside' too :-) It was great seeing you and looking forward to seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete