Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Childbirth Classes

Barry and I started our Childbirth (through Foothills Childbirth Education Association) classes last night. We missed the 1st class b/c we signed up too late and we're missing the 3rd since I'll be in Jersey, but Becky will make it up with us on a Saturday. Also a couple of the classes are on a Tue which means I'll have to go alone on one of them since B has dart league and it just so happens that it's position night! It lasted from 7-9...which after being out of school for a year now shows me how out of shape I am for sitting still for 2 hours. Of course having to pee every 15 minutes doesn't help either...although I wasn't the only one. Funny Adrian decided class time while the teacher discussed signs of labor, labor and it's stages and phases, breathing which we got to practice, and massage (YES! we got to practice this one too), would be the perfect time to wiggle, jiggle, jump, and roll! Maybe the other babies so near in proximity were exciting and communicating! Actually...that would be creepy....All in all it was long but good refresher of info (yes...I've had this before considering my degree is directly related to children and development over the lifespan) ...AND bonus: Barry didn't fall asleep!

Still working on my to-do list today! I got a call back for an interview for the Case Aide P/T position in Larimer County Human Services that I applied for.

No comments:

Post a Comment