Tuesday, April 26, 2011

16 Weeks and Easter

Adrian and I took the baby in the belly to the prenatal appointment for month four today. He got to hear the heartbeat today! He used the tape measure to measure my legs also. Everything looks good and the heartbeat is strong. My blood pressure is low as usual 100/60. I'm at 136lbs now from 134 last time. I may be starting to feel the baby...every once in awhile for the last week or so I've felt little flutters but so light that I second guess myself.

FMI (for my information):

Blood Pressure Range

Class Systolic/Diastolic

Normal 115 mmHg or lower /75 mmHg or lower

Prehypertension 120-139 mmHg/ 80-89 mmHg

Stage 1 hypertension 140-159 mmHg /90-99 mmHg

Stage 2 hypertension 160 mmHg or over /100 mmHg or over

AND

"In general, you should gain about 2 to 4 pounds during your first three months of pregnancy and 1 pound a week for the remainder of your pregnancy" (http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/healthy-weight-gain).

In other news: My dad is coming out to visit from April 29 to May 5th!!!!! I'm soooo excited! We will have Adrian's 3rd Birthday party (which he reminds us of daily) at City Park if it is nice and possibly at Bounce or something if it is not nice out on Sunday May 1st. I of course sent out invitations this Monday and will call everyone if plans change. Barry's birthday is Thursday April 28th!! He'll be 33 and Adrian will be 3. Work is crazy for both Barry and myself...long days for both of us this week. I'm planning on taking Tuesday and Wednesday off next week though!!

Adrian and I are still sick...I think Adrian's cough is much better but still lingers so when he screams, cries, or runs around a lot, he coughs a little. He has another appointment at the clinic tomorrow. I think I have a sinus infection because my face hurts. I never get this kind of pain in my face when I have a cold so I don't really know. It's been since Thursday till now and hasn't really gone away at all...at least I slept all night last night. 

Easter was fun! Adrian had tons of fun with his Easter Baskets..."It's my birthday! It's my birthday!" haha. We explained that it was Easter and then  he danced around that his birthday was coming up in a week!!! He had an Easter Egg hunt in the front yard and we had Barry's family over for dinner. I made hame, collard greens, and potatoes gratin with fontina cheese. Everyone brought food too! Then we did something that Barry does not remember ever doing with his family: we played a board game! This is not the same kind of board game playing that I've done with my family. Very entertaining! Tons of fun was had by all with Scattergories...next time we will have to get Aunt Laurie some bifocals though.

No comments:

Post a Comment