Thursday, August 19, 2010

August

I would like to ask 'where has August gone?' actually 'where has the summer gone?' It's getting dark earlier and getting cooler...except yesterday which was 98 degrees.

My Adrian is getting big and talking a lot. Things are going well though and he's a good boy...I count 1-2-3 and then he gets a consequence. He usually listens by 2. Doesn't really bother him but it gives him a choice at least. My biggest issues I discipline for 1. not listening to mommy when mommy says to do something 2. Running away from mommy in public and not wanting to hold hands or sit in cart. 3. Biting, hitting, pinching, scratching. Timeout still works and he usually stays for at least a minute or two...always says sorry too. He says sorry if you get hurt and he was in the other room. He says excuse me, when rushing or squeezing past someone, he says thank you to everything he gets and bless you when you sneeze. He has the best manners :)
Had our first night time accident last night...of course it was in mommy and daddy's bed but on daddy's side...haha. I now have two mattress pads on our bed...since he often ends up there still. He's taken a liking to Dinosaurs!!! He likes to read about and watch "my Caillou" as he calls it. Likes toy trains. train stories, Thomas the Train, and real trains! Also enjoys 'Little Einsteins' show. He actually likes TV in general and is a TV head. It bother's me and he doesn't get to watch too much but he definitely watches more than I though I'd ever be ok with. I did not grow up with a TV in the home until I was at least 12. It makes me feel good that he LOVES to read. Went to the library this evening to pick out books.
Signing off till next update....too tired to think anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment