Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Potty Trained....Almost

My little boy is growing up so fast. He wakes up dry...naps and bedtime!!! He pees in the potty all the time. He wears "unders" and can go potty by himself. He usually poops out in the back yard band sometimes in the potty but I don't think I've had to change a diaper in quite some time. I take him out places without diapers on all the time now so pretty soon we won't even use them anymore! Tonight he's wearing cloth training pants so hopefully it will be uncomfortable if he pees in the night. I still give him water at night too so I'm thoroughly impressed.
We have a sticker chart in the bathroom as well as 'chocwat' which right now is gummy frogs. He doesn't ask for 'Chocwat' if we're not at home and still successfully uses the potty.

Talking is amazing! 'Dinosaur' and all sorts of other big words and sentences. He copies whatever I say when I'm on the phone. He sings 'tinkle tinkle' and other songs. He and his cousin have conversations and use manners with each other 'please and thank you and sess you (bless you) and scuseee (excuse me)." He is also whining and throwing fits so much more. The 'throw yourself on the floor quite dramatically and cry because mommy tried to help me or touched me' kind of fits. I just walk away. Drives me craaaazy! Also kicking, throwing things at and hitting mommy and daddy when I'm mad stage is here and/or back. Timeout is instantaneous even if he misses (at least with mommy).

Adrian is also a very big helper. He helped mommy make pumpkin bread last weekend and he helps clean up and pick up and feed his toads and clean himself in the bath and water plants and find things.

We've enjoyed a bike ride and picnic in the park with Daddy last week, going to the river this past weekend, taking walks and playing with the neighbor kids, hanging out with cousin Cavyn on Mondays, and the hot weather. We have not enjoyed mommy working late hours at her demanding job, all the drama happening around us, and the fact that the summer is flying by so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment