Saturday, August 15, 2009

Making Toddler Food

I make Adrian's food still for the most part and I make it seperate b/c I work full time and can't always ensure we will be eating as healthy as I want him to. And he's still a little 'gaggy' with some foods.
Anyways, I've made chicken nuggets with spices and rolled the chopped chicken mixed with egg and spices into seasoned bread crumbs by the spoonfulls then baked for 12 minutes, freeze and heat and serve like store bought kind.
Today I made 'fish sticks'. I mixed a can of tuna with some tomato paste, can of veggies, some brussel sprouts and zucchini, an egg and some flax seed and brown rice baby cereal. The consistency I like is that similar to hamburger patties. I use egg and brown rice cereal to get this consistency. The egg helps the balls stay together also. I add seasoning such as garlic powder, parsley and pepper. Also parmesan cheese adds some good flavor. I rolled spoonfulls in a bread crumb/brown rice cereal and spices mix, baked and frozen. Simple and healthier. Took me 15 minutes.
Any meat/tofu and seasoning or vegie and meat and seasoning will work! It's fun and I feel accomplished! Adrian also enjoys them as much as store bought chicken nuggets and hopefully is healthier b/c of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment