Saturday, August 15, 2009

Garage Sailing-Saleing-Saling?

Whatever it's called~I enjoy it. I got 4 nice quaility shirts for $2.75 total, some big rugs to protect the carpeting, some shoes for Adrian and a pair of jammies, a file box to organize Adrian's 'stuff' I'm keeping for him such as first artwork and doctor visit sheets, etc. I'm a collector of everything so if I dont' keep it organized it piles up in boxes and soon gets out of control. I almost scored an art easel for kids but it was gone by the time I made it to the sale. Oh well, next time! I usually go out with a general idea of stuff I want to find. I'm still looking for a butter dish, some leap pad books/cartridges for Adrian's new leap pad, cheap quality clothes of course, an art easel now, king size bed frame, art for the walls if I see something I love. I try not to buy a bunch of junk I'll never use and so far I've done well. I've probably spent no more than $75 all summer and gotten some useful cool things. I love the mirrors I found and it's nice not having to buy new clothes or shoes when there are perfectly good barely used ones for $.10-$.50 each!
And if I get a spot right next to the house to park, Adrian takes a nap while I go shopping! He will stay asleep too when I carry him to bed when we get home! Some kids don't do that so I'm pretty lucky.
I stayed up late cleaning my house last night. Probably not the best idea since I don't get to sleep in anymore and Mr. Adrian doesn't 'do' morning naps so much anymore. He's combined them into one LONG one 2.5-5 hours long. I wish he'd just take 2 but I guess he's in charge of himself and their's no changing that. All I have to do today is put away laundry, vacuum, and mop...which I should be doing right now...or should I be napping also? That sounds better.

No comments:

Post a Comment