Sunday, February 22, 2009

9 Months & 3 Weeks

Adrian is such a good baby! He has been crawling around all day, entertaining himself with his toys, or banging on the window and yelling at the dogs. Of course, he has a new scratch on his cheek, tried going down the stairs head first, put caulk in his mouth as well as tried to put a dirty rag when barry was cleaning the bathroom in his mouth. At one point I couldn't find him and he was inside the magazine coffee table and another time, he slyly and quickly made it to the top step before I noticed. Anyways, he's a pretty good baby!

Today he's drooling a lot...I wonder if he's teething again. Maybe he's just so excited about everything and forgets to close his mouth...leaky faucet.

He's so much more talkative these days. Barry says he sounds like the aliens on 'Mars Attacks'. He is waving a lot these days as well. We are encouraging clapping as well but he hasn't done it himself yet. Barry and I are using sign language for eat, water, bottle, play, wait, up, more, and all done. So far he hasn't started using them but he does stop whining when I sign and say 'all done' and 'wait' or 'up'. He just wants to be acknowedged I guess.

He's a tough baby, he doesn't cry when he bumps and bangs himself up unless he is actually hurt which isn't often suprisingly. Some babies cry at every bump but luckily he's not as dramatic. I recognize when he's bumped himself and acknowledge it (luckily I've had lots of experience and can hide my surprise usually) but Barry doesn't and when I asked him why he doesn't say 'uhoh or something' he said 'he's fine'-the differences in mom's and dad's I guess.

So I love making his food! Recently to our overstuffed freezer of baby food, I have added rice pilaf ground into texturous pieces, cooked shredded chicken, ground cooked butter beans, along with his lentils and all his vegies and fruits. He loves mango these days, feeding himself banana, and still loves his yogurt and avocado as well as chicken noodle soup.
Speaking of food, it's time for a snack of mango! He's stuffing his mouth.
Recently he's tried some new foods: orange juice, rasberries, and squash!!! I waited on squash since Barry's allergic/sensitive to it and I didn't want Adrian to have a reaction to it. I can't tell you how excited I am that he isn't allergic and that he also loves it. It's so good for you.
He also loves ummm....how should I say this?...chocolate...yes, the bad mother I am has given him tastes of chocolate. He likes dark chocolate the best. This mother of his has also given him peanut butter in the form of a chocolate peanut butter cookie. So he's not allergic to pb either!! He's tried tomato sauce but not a lot since this could also result in a sensitivity this young. Anyways...he love big boy food and feeding himself and is sometimes stubborn and doesn't want to try food since he's not doing it even if he's hungry and likes the food once he tries it. I see his Taurus tendencies coming out...just like his dad. Laid back but very stubborn when it comes down to certain things. I can live with two of them I guess.

His favorite game right now is 'I'm gonna get you'! He gets so excited he throws his toys into the air or his arms and practically hops away. Then he'll turn and chase you but if you look at him he'll turn around and try to get away as fast as his little crawlers will take him! It's so fun and his mouth hangs wide open the whole time! Hide and seek is fun also and he likes to cover himself with his blanket or crawl after me to find where I've gone.

He knows 'uh uh' means 'not allowed' and has listened by leaving whatever it was alone when I say this, such as the outlet and cell phone chargers and trash cans and dogs water bowls. He stops and looks at me like I caught him and then if he's in a listening mood crawls away. He sometimes is ornery and looks at me and then goes back to the outlet or whatever and I have to move him away. He's only 9 months but so smart!

I'm trying to get him on a nap schedule...or to have everyone keep his nap schedule. He naps from 9:30am to 11/11:30am and then again in the afternoon anywhere from from 1:30 to 3 for up to a couple of hours. He's in so many different settings that it's hard to keep everyone on the same page.

On other notes, work is busy, dogs are annoying me, Barry is out playing with his friends as usual and I'm still in my pj's. It's the weekend, don't judge! At least my house is clean, that makes me feel good and it's not even Sunday evening. We are going to rent a movie on pay per view tonight and I have a bottle of pinot noir and I'm making surprise wontons! Go me!

Last night we went to Boulder to surprise Melissa for her birthday. Tom got her friends and family together for dinner at the Walnut Brewery! Adrian was a trooper and didn't officially make it to bed until 11:30pm but did nap in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment