Sunday, January 11, 2009

Busy Saturday

Yesterday was fun and busy! Adrian and I went to the photo shoot for the new brochures for Children, Youth and Family Services for Dept of Human Services. It was interesting b/c they didn't tell us what to do, just 'sit here' or 'look out the window'. Adrian and I just did what we do...he bit my chin, hit me with his toy, pulled my hair, and I probably made awkward faces whenever the camera clicked. Maybe we'll get to be ont he brochure for the HUB and mediatation with the subtitle; 'Do you and you child fight? Come to the HUB and seek mediation to help resolve your issues resorting to physical violence.' The new logo and brochures are awesome however.

After that we went to Target to get snacks for mom's group at Julie's. Of course we spent more than we thought we would but mom remembered we needed cat food and papertowels, etc. Adrian is such a big boy sitting up in the front seat of the shopping carts now!

Then mom's group at Julie's was our next destination. Let it be known that on Jan 10th 2009, Neshamah arrived early and before anyone else to her destination. Being on time or closer to on time than usual is always a new year's resolution. Now that I got that out of the way I can move on with the year!

Mom's group was fun: Julie and Cavyn, Christie and Maddox, Rachel and Leo, Selene and Collette, Shannon and Leah, and Neshamah and Adrian all attended. We all brought food and sweets and ate, talked and fed babies, Julie had some good information printed up for us as well as some fun baby facts 'such as babies born in May (Adrian and Collette) weigh more on average than babies born in ANY other month', we took lots of pictures and decided to do the next one on a Sunday in Estes at Rachel's. Our fun activity was 'plaster hand/foot prints' of our babies. Adrian laughed so hard when I made the compression of his feet...which must have tickled! Everyone hung out for about 2.5 hours but Adrian passed out as the last person besides us left. I let him nap and hung out with Julie and Cavyn.

Then we decided to go out with Julie and Chris with their friends who also just had a baby to go bowling. I picked up Barry and we hung out till 11. Sadly our baby doesn't just sleep everywhere anymore. He loved to watch everyone bowling from his perch in his stroller. Amazingly there were many babies and children out bowling on Sat night. Who knew?

Something new I learned about my son is that dogs scare him. I think that is a good thing and for safety/self preservation since it is only dogs he doesn't know or when our dogs bark ferociously. Last night I locked the door and when Barry came home he rang the doorbell and the dogs barked really loudly. Adrian freaked out, clawing at me and screaming. He was so terrified and it took some time to calm him. I felt so bad and yelled at Barry to knock on the stupid door at midnight.

Adrian does love playing with the cats and dogs though. In the morning he wakes up and rolls and scoots all over the bed trying to get the cat who likes to curl up by my feet. The animals are getting used to him and let him pet them. Of course, we would never leave him alone with the animals since no animal can be trusted 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment