Thursday, May 8, 2008

Update

Hospital stay was 2 nights b/c we had to stay for 30 hours...so Adrian could get his bilirubin test (jaundice screening). The nurses were great in helping with breastfeeding and any other information we wanted. It was nice getting all the attention in the world, my vitals were checked every couple hours, food was brought up to me, if I needed anything all I had to do was push a button. It was awesome (no I didn't abuse the button but I've never been in a hospital before.)

We took Adrian to the lactation consultant the other day and he had gained back 2.5 oz of the 4 he lost....they usually lose weight after birth....and yesterday at the doctor's visit...he had gained back all 4 oz...he was exactly his birth weight at 6 days! It's normal to gain back the weight in 10-14 days! He's a good eater. He's also a great little sleeper and he doesn't startle at anything! He passed his hearing screening at the hospital, his jaundice levels were 5.3 (I guess they worry as the level nears 10).
He smiles in his sleep, sometimes it looks like he's laughing but no sound comes out. Yesterday he cooed for the first time...and he sighs like I do (actually Barry and I both sigh a lot). We're so in love with him....it's the most amazing thing we've ever done...and I think we're still surprised everyday by how perfect he is. I'm so happy Barry took off this entire week!!!! He saved his vacation time and used a couple sick days for the 1st and 2nd last week also. We're all going to be sad when he has to go back to work on Monday :( He's been so amazing and confident! Also my parents have been amazing! They are here until Tuesday: they've cleaned the house and cooked for us and let us nap. I'm so glad Adrian came a couple weeks early...they've had more time to spend with him. I don't want them to leave :( Barry's sister is coming out from the 17th until the 21st!!! Yay...Aunt Ronnie! I think it's amazing how much help everyone has given us with Adrian! I appreciate all my cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends who've brought us food, support and company!!! Thank you all! I love having people over by the way...and if I need a nap, everyone is more than happy to hold a sleeping baby and I'm more than happy to let them!

I wish I had more pics to post BUT our camera decided to stop working the day after he was born! At least our warranty was still good for another month! I've been using my dad's camera but we still have no way of transporting the pics to my computer (I think my cousin has a card reader so hopefully soon I'll post pics).

No comments:

Post a Comment