Tuesday, February 19, 2008

4 Days Into the Third Trimester....

Yum! I just had some eggs, homemade black beans and ham, and brown rice for breakfast. That hit the spot! And Java Chai too!

In regards to Leanne's question: Sasha puppy is (as far as we know) a black lab and australian cattle dog mix (Harley is only cattle dog), but she has a curly tail and we think she is more muttish than that. She and Harley are getting along great...they play tug of war, chase and wrestle, attack the cats, and even sleep together. Right now they are wrestling under my chair as I type. Sahsa is not afraid of Harley and will steal a bone right from under his nose even if it's too big to carry away. She and Harley can be heard pretend growling while they play keep away with the rope or wrestle. I'm glad our plan to occupy Harley is working out...by the time the baby comes, she should be potty trained and also know more house rules. She is doing great with 'sit', 'down', and 'come'. Also 'NO' and 'UhUh' seem to work....where she runs over to us and sits...knowing full well that eating cat turds is gonna get a 'No' every time and if she sits she might just get a treat. She's a people pleaser. She is also getting some meat on her bones...she was sick and not eating before we got her so we're glad she's healthy and filling out now.

YAY! Thank you Ronnie for the awesome clothes and baby products! I can't believe how cute and stylin' little Adrian is going to be. I hope he grows nice and slow so that he can fit into all of his clothes for a long time. He's such a spoiled and loved little boy and he's not even here yet. It's like christmas around here...every day I come home, there's a package on the doorstep. I love it! It makes waiting for baby much easier and gives me lots to organize. I've already set up a baby station in our room...sorting through everything we have to see what we'll need for the first month before we move. I so wish I had a nursery to set up already.
***FYI: I don't need that many baby clothes (unless they are super cute)! One family passed down 4 boxes of clothes from 0-18 months. Another two families are handing down boxes of clothes to me as well. I know Adrian will go through about 3 outfits a day but still....I have so much stuff. I love looking through it all over and over again too. Also...check out the registries at target.com, amazon.com, and walmart.com for stuff that we don't have yet (if you're wondering).

Baby Adrian has been so active....scaring me into thinking he's going to pop through my belly and waking me with jabs to the hip and side! When he really gets going, like last night, I could feel feet kicking my side and knees jutting at my tummy, while hands were jabbing the other side of my stomach and his head rolled back and forth, all at the same time! Do you think he wants out yet?

Now that we're into the third trimester, it's only a matter of 12 weeks. However if he came in 9 weeks, he still wouldn't be considered premature. I hope he doesn't but then again, he'd be smaller and with everyone taunting me that he's gonna be huge, I'm just a little nervous. I can't wait to meet him!!!! Neither can Barry...I may never tire of feeling him move around...but Barry's at the 'been there done that' stage...He really looks forward to holding his sleeping baby on his chest and just meeting him in general!

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment to do the glucose tolerance test...the starvation one where I couldn't eat from midnight till noon. I ended up talking to the doctor first about it. I wasn't going to do it but she convinced me when she said that I wouldn't feel any other symptoms since increased thirst and urination are already side effects of pregnancy. The negative effect on the baby could make him grow larger and therefore increase the risk of a c-section...which I absolutely do not want! She said she suspects it will come back normal and not to worry but as a preventive measure she'd like to make sure. So I hung out from nine till noon at the doctor's office...I had my blood drawn 4 times and didn't get to eat till noon. I was starving and dizzy but now it's over and she said she won't make me do that test again. She said she feels bad that I've had the bad end of the stick with testing so far. Seriously....I don't even like doctors or trust my life or health with the current medical field...and this isn't helping. My blood pressure was so high yesterday because I was stressed about the stupid test...usually I have really low bp. Also, I've gained 20lbs so far...can you tell??? Hahaha...Barry says I'm fat....he's so funny. I think I'm two lbs over what 'the chart' says I should be at...my cousins laugh at me and say I'm going to have a textbook baby...since I read so much and refer to the literature so often.

Which reminds me...

I just read this book called "Into the Minds of Babes: How Screen Time Affects Children From Birth to Age Five." Very interesting. It is a summary of a collection of studies and interviews by an interested parent on screen time and what research has been done on TV and other media and children. Very easy read with lots of author input. I thought the research might say that all TV is detrimental but it actually provides some positive findings for TV and children. Of course it depends on what the child is watching. She focuses on Content, Context, and Your Child. There is still lots of research to be done but what is out there is very concisely categorized in this book under chapters labeled as the most common questions that the author and parents she interviewed would ask regarding TV and their child. Lisa Guernsey is the author. I highly recommend it especially since it is so research based but not as though you are reading the actually scientific wording of the studies which can be tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment