Thursday, January 10, 2008

My grandma (mom's mom) from out east died. I'm so sad she'll never meet her grandbaby. She was excited to be a great-grandmother!
...................................

On an exciting note: We found a place to move to where we can fit a baby. Right now we live in 750 sq.ft. and barely fit the dog, three cats, ourselves and all our junk. I have no idea how we would be able to fit a baby. We don't even have a garage.
So I was babysitting and the couple mentioned that in June they are renting the place and want a family and definitely no students! It has four bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, a den, a big kitchen with dining area, back yard with seperate garden area all set up with irrigation and rasberry bushes, a two car garage, lots of closet space, a laundry room, and a massive crawl space that is lit, and it's a tri-level!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it's in our price range! I am so extremely relieved. It won't be available until june but it's worth waiting for!!!! I just want to start packing today!
...............................................

I made the most awesome cream of potato soup last night! Toppings included shredded chedder, chives, and bacon! I was two pounds heavier this morning and I think I can owe it to that meal. Here's the recipe: 4 Large Servings
Cook 4 slices of bacon. Remove and dry. Add butter to drippings. Saute six peeled chopped(red) potatoes, two chopped stalks celery, and half chopped yellow onion until opaque but not browned. Add enough chicken broth to just cover mixture and simmer until potatoes are mashable. Then mash leaving as many or few chunks to suit your liking. Add heavy cream/more broth until consistency is to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for a few more minutes. Chop bacon and chives, and shred chedder cheese for toppings! I served it with salad (with Barry's homemade buttermilk ranch dressing) and homemade jalapeno chedder cornbread muffins. YUM!
...........................................

2 comments:

  1. The poll is closed but Andy and I want to put in our vote so Cain so we can call you and ask "how is raising Cain going?" hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neshama,

    I'm very sorry to hear about your grandmother. Congrats on finding a place to move. The soup recipe sounds delicious, I will have to make it for Bob and the kids one of these cold days.

    Take care of yourself and we Love you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete